At Dormanstown Primary Academy , we will teach pupils the importance of an active healthy lifestyle that will positively impact on their future. We aim to deliver learning opportunities that inspire all pupils to succeed in physical activities. We teach pupils how to cooperate and collaborate with others, as part of a team, understanding fairness and equity of play to embed life-long values of health and physical activity.
- Our PE is taught based on the National Curriculum for Years 1 to 6 and EYFS Curriculum Framework
- Our curriculum is organised around six key strands: Invasion Games, Gymnastics, Net and Wall, Dance, Striking and Fielding and Athletics
- A carefully planned whole school curriculum promotes the progression of core knowledge and skills offers the opportunity to revisit and remember previous learning in order to develop understanding further
- Pupils are taught to use a range of swimming stokes effectively, perform safe self-rescue in water and to swim proficiently over a distance of at least 25 meters
- We partner with Redcar & Eston Primary Schools Sports Partnership to support delivery of PE, school sport and physical activity opportunities. The Schools Games values of determination, honesty, passion, respect, self-belief and teamwork are promoted through inter school events and competitions.