The music curriculum is designed to engage and inspire our pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians, in order to increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement.
- Music is taught using the Model Music Curriculum
- It is delivered by a music specialist
- Children have opportunities to perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and musicians.
- Children learn to sing and to use their voices, to create and compose music on their own and with others.
- Children have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument
- Children learn how to use technology appropriately. They explore how music is created, produced and communicated, through interrelated dimensions of pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate notations.