We are proud that children at Dormanstown Primary Academy wear the academy uniform, which can be ordered from the academy office. We are proud that children at Dormanstown Primary Academy wear the academy uniform, which can be ordered from Quickastitch online or in store. Alternatively you can also use myclothing.com
It is really important that all children arrive at school wearing full uniform.
The Uniform consists of:
- Royal blue jumper, sweatshirt or cardigan;
- Green or white shirt, blouse or polo shirt (needs to have a collar);
- Grey or black trousers, skirt or pinafore (children should not wear jeans, leggings or jogging trousers) Skirts and pinafores should be no shorter than just above the knee;
- Children can wear blue checked or striped summer dresses in warmer weather;
- Children can wear smart black or grey knee length shorts in summer;
- Plain ankle or knee high socks or plain tights. These should be white, grey, black or blue. No brightly coloured or patterned tights or socks please. Socks should not have excessive frills;
- Children should wear plain black flat school shoes or plimsolls. Any boots should also be plain black, flat and fitted closely to the ankle (no higher than the level of ankle socks). Children should not wear Ugg style boots or wellies throughout the day. Trainers must only be worn for PE or playing out. In summer, children can wear sensible, flat sandals that fit safely to the foot (no flip flops, etc) with socks. Sandals should not be in bright or fluorescent colours.
- Children can wear a small pair of studs in their ear and/or a watch. No other jewellery is allowed for safety reasons;
- Long hair should be tied up, and hair accessories should be of a reasonable size and in keeping with academy colours.
- Children should not wear nail varnish or make up for school.
The school office is always happy to assist with any questions regarding uniform. Children should not wear jewellery in the academy, except for a watch or one pair of small stud earrings. Children should not wear makeup or nail varnish.
Dormanstown is committed to high quality and regular PE provision which includes sports, gymnastics, dance and swimming. Appropriate sports wear and footwear is essential. Your child’s teacher will tell you which days kit will be required, PE kit may be kept in school if you wish. Earrings must be removed for PE lessons.
The PE Kit consists of:
- Shorts (preferably blue);
- White collarless t-shirt;
- Black plimsolls for indoor;
- Trainers for outdoor;
- PE bag. (preferably a small drawstring bag)
The uniform is an important part of building pride in our academy and local community. We would like to thank parents for their support in sending children into the academy in full uniform, looking smart and ready to work.